Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

We traveled to Farmville, VA this year and spent Thanksgiving with the Ramsey's at "High View Farm." We stayed at a Hampton Inn fairly close to the farm.  We got a room with a king size bed in hopes that Abigail would sleep with us since we didn't take the pack and play.  Mind you this child has never slept in the bed with Robert and I. It took us about an hour to get her to settle down and finally decided that she needed her space.  I made her a comfy little bed on the floor and she went to sleep in 2 minutes.  She woke up at 4am and got in the bed with us and slept until 8am.  It was different waking up and having breakfast in bed while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade but it was fun and change sometimes is good.  We had a wonderful time and made it home on Thursday evening so that I could get a few hours of sleep to shop on Black Friday. 
Abigail, Ramsey, Harry IV, and Robert. 

Abigail and Daisey
Abigail loved Uncle Harry's train set, pretty neat!  I love this picture and I hope I can always remember what it felt like at this moment.  It was cold in this little shed, the Christmas music was playing and Uncle Harry was just behind Abigail carving away at the old ham.  It felt like Thanksgiving!
Abigail's first pony ride, she tried but I don't see horseback riding in the near future for us! ;)
The three of us!
Abigail and Grandaddy at the dinner table.
We all tried to catch a goldfish for Abigail, those little guys are fast!
REWIND to last Tuesday, Abigail had a "feast" at pre-school, here is my little pilgrim with her teacher, 
Mrs. Hall.

Abigail and I had breakfast with Elaine and Miller at Linda's on Wed. morning before Thanksgiving as they were passing through town.  LOVE THEM!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I kept forgetting to add your new site to my list! Love the pictures, you and Abigail are both just too cute : ) Glad you're feeling good again, excited to find out what Ramsey baby #2 is going to be!!

    ReplyDelete