Friday, February 10, 2012

A note for my daughter

As life is passing us by I want to write down a few things for you that I have been thinking about lately.  You are growing into such an amazing little girl.  I love to see you flourish everyday, you are thriving in school and with your friends.  You seem to like dance class, you love being around people.  I love that about you.  A girl that works in the grocery store recently told me that you walked in the other day, you were with mama and you spoke to her like a twenty year old and like you had known her all of your life.  You don't forget faces and names.

I want you to always be proud of who you are and own your personality.  Always be yourself and don't try and be someone else or fit into someone else's ideals.  Be wise in your decision making, really think things through and don't act on a whim.  Recognize your talents, know what they are and utilize them everyday.  Don't judge people (we are all guilty of this) but be open minded.  Even if you think someone has it all together they probably don't.  They are lacking somewhere, somehow.  No one is perfect, you can strive for perfection but we all fail and we all lose.  Smile during these times, because you know what, we all win sometimes too.  Don't ever lose sight of your dreams, reach for the stars and you will go far in life.  Treat everyone the same, just because someone is different from you doesn't make them anymore or any less than you are.  Don't let people take advantage of you though, stand up for yourself and what you know is right.  Always listen carefully and look people in the eye when they are talking to you (including your mother and father);).  Be brave and speak clear.  Always know that your mom and dad adore and love you. 

to be continued....

I want to wish my parents a happy 39th anniversary today.  We had them over for a steak dinner on Wednesday, we love having them.  They have gone away for the weekend and I hope they have a wonderful time together.  I am in aww of their love for each other, after all of these years and all that they have been through the love they share still shines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment