Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cape Cod on my mind!


For some reason Cape Cod has been on my mind today.  Robert and I visited there for our 1 year anniversary.  We flew into Boston and rented a car and drove to the cape.  It was a gorgeous place with so much to see and do.  We took one day and traveled up the cape stopping in each little town.  We went in September so it was still warm during the day but chilly enough for jeans and fleeces at night. 


This is the Hyannis Harbor Hotel where we stayed, such a beautiful hotel and the Martha's Vineyard ferry was just across the street.  We took the ferry early one morning and spent the day on Martha's Vineyard.  We rented a car and drove around the island, I was convinced for quite some time that I belonged there.  I wanted to move there so bad. :)  But we didn't!!

One night after having dinner at this cute little restaurant down the street we went back to the hotel and sat around the firepit to keep warm.  We met another couple and talked to them for some time.  Such fun memories!

We did a tour of the JFK Museum. 

The Kennedy Compound was not far from our hotel so one afternoon we walked quite a ways to see if we could find it.  We did and I got some pretty good pictures although they were taken from a distance.  That's not somewhere you can walk right up to the front door.   

I have pictures from this trip but they are tucked away nicely in an album.  This was before I started blogging so I did it the old fashion way! 

So there you have it, a little trip down memory lane...the year was 2007!

 Robert and I have talked about going back someday and taking our children.  Maybe when Jack is alittle older we will venture north to the cape again!!



"Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else.  For we are each responsible for our own conduct."
Galatians 6:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment