Thursday, September 1, 2011

The little school house

You know how sometimes you can take a step back and see how your life has come full circle.  Today was one of those days for me.  I took Abigail for her meet and greet at Kingston Parish pre-school this morning, the very pre-school I went to 30 years ago.   She did amazing, just as I knew she would.  She went from one activity to another without hestiation although she didn't want me far from her side.  I was okay with that because I know when I'm not there for her to pull by the hand she will be brave each and every day.  She is so curious about everything, I love her eagerness to learn new things and meet new people. I am so proud of the amazing little girl she is becoming and look so forward to watching her grow.  Children are truly God's greatest blessing.

Abigail before going to pre-school meet and greet.
Laurie and Abby, they have had so much fun together this summer.
So this is totally random but I don't want to forget it.  Yesterday, Abby was washing her hands after going to the potty.  She was doing an exceptional job, better than usual, she lathered up and really took her time washing the soap off her hands and drying them.  I told her what a great job she did and that I was so proud of her.  She looked at me with those big brown eyes and simply said, "Mama, you learned me that"  meaning, you taught me that.  I think a tear or two did well up in my eyes, they really are always watching and listening to everything we say and do.  I love this little girl so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment