Monday, February 24, 2014

Let's Go Skiing!!!

We left on Thursday, I picked Abigail up from school half a day and we drove to Deep Creek Maryland for some skiing at Wisp Ski Resort.  Robert's dad went with us and we had so much fun.  We stopped at a sweet little dive in Warrenton, VA which is such a quaint beautiful little town.  The food was delicious and it was at just the right time since the children were ready to move around. 

We arrived to our condo around 11p.m. and unloaded everything.  I put Jack to bed and we stayed up until 1a.m. unpacking and putting the food away in the kitchen. 

We woke up on Friday morning to a beautiful view overlooking a completely frozen lake.  It was interesting to see people ice fishing on it and riding snow mobiles.  The snow mobile made me nervous, they were flying, it was almost like they were racing.  I'm talking going no less than 80mph.  It snowed Friday morning for alittle while and then the sun came out.  It was a gorgeous day.  We drove to the resort which was about 5 miles from our condo. Abigail took a private ski lesson with Mr. Ken.  She did very well and put the ski's on and went without hesitation.  I was talking to her instructor afterwards and he said she was very eager to learn.  I love to ski and have been a skier since I was a teenager.  I had a skiing accident three years ago at Wintergreen and tore my ACL, MCL and meniscus so I didn't ski this time.  I have a brand new pair of ski's so I hope to get back on them in the future. 

They watched The Croods on the way there.  Jack didn't leave his headphones on for long so we did some reading and then he finally fell asleep for awhile.
 
Jack loved having free rein in the ski lodge!

We had grilled cheese's and chips for lunch.


And Doritos, we don't have those very often so Jack was loving it!




The skier!

Abigail and her instructor, Mr. Ken.

 
Jack and Robert.
 
She looks like such a pro here.  Clearly I've been doing some photo editing, such fun.
 
Here she is on the "magic carpet", this is what they used as a ski lift for teaching purposes.

 
Abigail and I after she completed her lesson.


 

Friday evening I took Abigail for a quick swim before bedtime.  We went back to the pool on Saturday evening, the four of us.  Abigail met a friend and they swam together, she had so much fun.  The pool was packed and Jack loved it.  The hot tub was relaxing too. 
 
And here they are, homeward bound.  Abigail is listening to a bible school dvd and Jack is out like a light.  We stopped in Lowry's in Tappahannock and had a late lunch/early dinner and as always that was delicious. 
 
It was a fun and memorable weekend!  It's always nice to get away but always great to get home too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment