Friday, June 20, 2014

-Tupelo honey cafe's tomato pie-

I love writing about our everyday happenings but I've decided to switch it up a bit here on my blog.  Perhaps I'll do some posts on beauty regiments, I love trying out new lotions and creams.  Today I'm going to share a great summer recipe.  I've made this tomato pie on several occasions but just made it again recently and it's just too good not to share with you.  I love this time of the year and most of my cooking revolves around fresh vegetables so here you go, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Tupelo honey cafe's tomato pie

1 piecrust
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I use one cup to make it a healthier dish)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 chopped green onions, white and green parts
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup panko bread crumbs (Progresso are fine to use too)
1 1/2 lbs. tomatoes, sliced 1/2 in. thick

Place in a 9 in. pie pan.  Preheat the oven to 425.  In a bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, parsley, green onions, Parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs, mixing completely.  Layer one-third of the tomatoes in the pie pan, covering the bottom of the pie crust.  Spread one-third of the Parmesan cheese mixture on top of the tomatoes and repeat, making 2 more layers of tomatoes and cheese and ending with the cheese mixture.  Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top of the pie is bubbling and browned.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment