Thursday, July 24, 2014

Signed, Sealed, Delivered.

A few posts ago I mentioned that there were some exciting things happening with us!  I am happy to say we bought a new home.  I have loved this house of ours for 11 years now.  I bought it 9 months after moving home from living and working in Richmond.  It has been a home of many wonderful memories and just so full of love and happiness.  My dad added on a master bedroom and bath while I was pregnant with Abigail that Robert and I have just loved.  We made Abigail's nursery into a big girl room and Jack's room has been a place of peace and quiet where we put puzzles together and sing lullabye's while rocking in his rocking chair.   It will be a sad day when we walk out of this house for the last time. This is just another season of change in this life of mine.  I must say I am thrilled with the sweet couple that is buying it, they are a perfect fit and I am excited for them to make it their own.

Although with that being said I am beyond excited to be doing some renovations at our new home and making it ours!  I am so very thankful for my parents, grandmother and Robert who have been working diligently to get the house ready for painters and new floors! 
 
Abigail has been taking swim lessons for the past few weeks through the YMCA.  She has done amazing!  She's swimming the length of the pool and jumping off the diving board.  She's a natural for sure!
Abigail at swim lessons!
 
We recently celebrated baby John's baptism in Norfolk.  It was a wonderful service but I unfortunately didn't get any pictures of it.  I did get one of Abigail when we got home, my sweet girl!
 
After Robert and I left the closing at the attorney's office we all went to our new home.  Here is Layla, daddy, Jack and Abigail. 

 
I've had so much fun thinking about paint colors and room ideas.  This is a glimpse of the kitchen!  I got a bunch of swatch's from Lowe's and went to the house one afternoon while Robert and his dad were doing some clean up and decided on room colors.  I've been getting room ideas from Pottery Barn Kids, Pinterest, Ballard Design and some design blogs I read. 
 
We had a fun beach day this week!  Abigail, Autumn and Charlotte loved jumping off the dock! 

"The Girl Of Summer"
 
I am planning to document the progress at our new home so I hope you will follow along during this exciting time! :)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment