Thursday, January 15, 2015

Reality check

Oh my gracious, can I just say this was a week for the books.  It started off fun with dinner at the Duke of York restaurant with my family.  Amber turned 39 and it was nice celebrating her birthday!
Abigail, Landon and Daddy!

Amber and Ron enjoying a Baked Alaska!

Then things went south, Abigail complained of a sore throat Monday and mother of the year here sent her to school and dance class.  I chalked it up to the weather.  I took her to the doctor on Tuesday and she had her first case of strep throat.  So we stocked up on Popsicles, ice cream and ginger ale. 

We lost electricity during the ice storm and camped out at mama and daddy's.  They were ever so generous to let us move in and stay for the day and night.
The trees were covered in ice, so pretty.  This was taken from my parents front door.

We had craft time with this little rascal!

Abigail and I played Dogopoly, it's the children's version of Monolopy.  It's a lot of fun and a great learning tool.

I took two weeks off during Christmas and didn't go to the gym or exercise.  I don't at all regret it because I loved just spending time with my family and eating all of my favorite holiday foods.  I wish I didn't love food and sweets as much as I do but I do so I have to work hard at staying in shape and eating healthy.  So, I am hoping to get back at it next week and find some new healthy meals and eat more fruits and vegetables.  I also really want/need to drink more water throughout the day. 

I read a lot about fitness and diets and there are so many cleanses out there and different diets to choose from but I just like to stick to the old fashion exercise and eating right.  Ideally I should lose 15 lbs. but if I can lose 10 and stay there until next Christmas I'll be doing alright! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment