Sunday, October 4, 2015

Joy.

In reading a blog recently, actually Kellys Korner (the whole reason I started blogging in the first place) she was talking about Joy Bombs and I've always loved this kind of thing so I decided to blog about it myself.  What brings you real joy?  What are some of the things that make you happy to your core?  Please share in the comments, I would love to read them.

I love baking and sharing with the one's I love most.  I love making homemade chocolate chip cookies and then having them around to nibble on.  Since we try to stay healthy here there aren't many sweets in our house on a day to day basis so that's always a real treat.  I make my cookies big (like the one's we use to get at Coliseum mall right down from the Gap) remember those?  I also always use milk chocolate chip morsels.

I love running, that's no secret but I would run everyday if I could.  It naturally releases endorphins and it just makes me feel great.  I love to sweat and push myself to the next level.  I'm not saying every time I finish running I feel as if I have conquered the world but I do usually feel better than before I started!

I enjoy doing facials at home.  I love a cheap clay mask, I have really oily skin so I usually treat myself once every few weeks to one.  Abigail and Jack are use to it, they don't even bat an eye anymore when they see me walking around with green clay on my face! :)

Kelly said this and I had never thought about it this way but my children are my greatest JOY yet can be my biggest joy stealer at the same time.  Being a mom can be exhausting and running them to and from places, cleaning up messes, doing laundry, etc... can really take the joy out of you.  But at the same time I love them so much that there is nothing else I would rather be doing.  How does this even make sense, but it just does!



Music is a huge joy bomb for me.  It's in my roots and I love to have music on while I'm cleaning, that's only if I'm home alone, I listen to my IPOD while I run and I love live music.  I also always have the radio on while driving!  I love it when all three of us know the same song, fun fun!

Shopping is a huge joy bomb too!  Finding a dress or top that fits just right feels so good! 

These are just a handful of mine, what are yours?








No comments:

Post a Comment